Tuesday

First Page Contest

It's time for one of my freaking favorite things to do on this blog: run a contest!

The rules are simple:

  • Send me the first page (250 words) of your chapter book, middle grade or YA manuscript (any genre) to buriededitor @ gmail dot com (obviously make that into a workable email address.)
  • Get me your first page by Thursday 10/4 at 11:59pm CST.
  • I will read these and Friday morning I will post my 2 favorites.
  • Then, you all will get to vote on your favorite over the weekend. The winner will be announced on 10/9/2012.
  • The winner gets a 15 page Conference Style Critique (minor detail: You have to get your pages to me by Thursday 10/11.)
  • The runner-up gets 2 books from Pyr, finish copies of Ian McDonald's 2 books. (These were sent to a friend of mine as review copies. Pyr is not sponsoring this post in any way, and they'll probably be surprised when they come across it. However, I see no reason not to share a little smaller press love around.)
I do reserve the right to suspend or cancel this contest at anytime, and it is void wherever prohibited. But, I think this will be fun, and I look forward to reading everyone's entries!

2 comments:

Taurean Watkins said...

Thanks for doing this.

Any opportunity we can get to improve is appreciated. Already sent my entry in.

The Buried Editor said...

No, thank you!