In order to enter all you have to do is send your full book proposal (and if you don't remember what all the parts are click here)to the dedicated email that I have set up for this contest: email@example.com. All emails need to be received by April 18, giving you two full weeks to polish those proposals up.
Here are the complete rules:
- All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CST April 18, 2011.
- No attachments. Just copy and paste your proposal into an email. I realize this will make some long (and sometimes ugly format-wise) emails, but I that's fine for this contest. I would not encourage that for an actual submission somewhere.
- Only do the parts of the book proposal that are pertinent to you. If you haven't written a series, don't write a series overview. If you've written a picture book, send that complete manuscript instead of the first three sample chapters.
- Entries must be a proposal for a children or teen book; however, you can enter any kind of children/teen book in any genre. Even ones that CBAY doesn't normally consider (including non-fiction).
There will be 5 winners who will each receive a full (free) critique of their book proposal, including the sample manuscript/chapters.
- Technically, entries are not being submitted to CBAY Books, I will not be responding to every entry, just the winners. However, there's a chance that if I really like the book proposal that I see, I might ask you to officially submit it to the AE at CBAY Books.
- You can enter a book proposal for manuscripts that have been previously rejected by CBAY since, like I said, this isn't technically a CBAY submission.
- Questions? Comments? Enter them below.