Tuesday

Submissions Recap

So, I must say, this seemed like quite a successful submission period. We had over 200 submissions (211 to be exact) and some good potential CBAY books. I haven't gotten to look at all of them yet, but I am looking forward to it. Just so everyone knows, with this number I'll be able to look at each one personally. Im about 2/3 through, and I hope to finish by next weekend. We definitely should be able to get back to everyone in 6 weeks -- half what I was expecting.

And once again I'd like to thank everyone for the professional submissions. I didn't have a singl blog worthy example in the whole bunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now the nail biting and anxious email checking begins ;))

Anonymous said...

Would love to know any statistics you can share like how many fantasy to sci fi stories you received, etc.

The Buried Editor said...

I don't know exact stats, but I got way more fantasy than science fiction -- over 3:1 I would say.

Natalie Aguirre said...

That's great that you don't have any "bad" examples to share. Can't wait to hear what you pick.

Anonymous said...

I have 3 sci-fi and two fantasy I couldn't send because my e-mail was messed up couldn't send. I hope I can find an agent looking for toddler sci-fi/ fantasy.