Thursday

Sublime Submissions

Normally submissions are great inspiration for the blog. I get all sorts of weird and wacky things when submissions are open, like that time the person submitted his/her entire manuscript on purple paper (because purple was a Blooming Tree color?) or the individual that packaged his/her submission with a handful of glitter.

Ah, memories.

But this submission round I so far find myself curiously lacking instructive submissions. Every one I've seen has been professional with well written cover letters and a decided lack of quirkiness.

Bravo.

3 comments:

KatherineR said...

It's a bummer you can't email glitter! ;-)

Anonymous said...

No doubt a lot of the credit for the sane submissions goes to you and your blog! I know I appreciated knowing what you expected of submissions.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So glad people are finally getting the basic rule of following instructions.