To enter, email your summary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM (PST) Tuesday, November 17. Obviously this is a special email that I have set up specifically for this contest, so you don't have to worry about your entry being lost amongst my normal email chatter. Also, that means that you should title your email the title of your work. Please then place your summary in the body of your email. Do not attach anything. If you submit your summary as an attachment, I will delete it without opening and reading it. Also in your email, please before your summary include a one sentence line telling me the genre and age group (chapter book, midgrade, or YA) that the book is intended for.
And finally, here are the rules. Please read them all:
- This contest is open to any one page summary written for a fiction chapter book, midgrade, or YA novel.
- No non-fiction.
- Your summary must be for a work that you have already completed. If you win and I ask for your manuscript, you must be able to supply it immediately.
- Your summary must be a plot summary. Do not include teasers.
- Plot summaries must not exceed 300 words.
- I know I said this above, but NO attachments. I'm serious.
- All entries are due by 11:59 PM (PST) Tuesday, November 17. No exceptions.
Any questions? Put them in the comment section here, or message my profile over at Get Me Out of the Slushpile!.