Wednesday

Tip of the Week 9/23/09

Tip of the Week: When considering where to submit your religious fiction, don't limit yourself exclusively to that religion's market.

Although you always want to start focussed when submitting, remember that many religious fiction books can work for the mass market as well. Like submitting any kind of fiction, the key is to do research into the publishers and agents you want to submit to. Obviously you are not going to submit Christian fiction to Llewellyn, publisher of such Wiccan works like Blue is for Nightmares or A Withch's Spell-A-Day Almanac. That would just be a waste of everyone's time and stamps. But depending on your story, you might be able to send it to a general editor at house like Simon & Schuster. Just research, research, research. Try to make sure you get your manuscript into the hands of someone who is predisposed to liking it.

2 comments:

Emily said...

YOU BLOGGED! <3

Also, good tips. Though I have yet to write anything not-secular. I DO imagine if I ever did write something religious, Llewellyn would be the place for me to go.

The Buried Editor said...

You bet I blogged. I've got 4 weeks of posts planned out. No more disappearing for me. I have finally discovered the joys of supreme organization. I just need to spread this new talent to my home. . .