Saturday

Question of the Week

Question of the Week:
Dear Buried Editor,
Do you plan to come back this decade or did the baby drain away all chances of you ever blogging again?

Ah, excellent question. I realize that my blogging has been sporadic (at best) over my interminable pregnancy and non-existent since the baby was born. However, all that is about to change. I know I've promised this before, but this time I'm serious. I've already planned out in detail my next 4 weeks of blogging. Every week has a theme, so to speak, and all of the writing and books that I'll discuss that week will be related. I'm also going to follow an editorial calendar so you'll know what to expect. For example, every Weds. will have the Tip of the Week and Fridays will be devoted to questions.

But, what I'm most excited about is the new forum Get Me Out of the Slushpile! that I've started. Every Monday I'll post a writing prompt here and on the forum. Then, the rest of the week you and I can post the work the prompt inspires and critique one another. I have been so impressed with the quality (and kindness) that people have shown when critiquing on this site, that I wanted to have more opportunities for all of us to help each other with our writing. The prompts I've developed so far are integrated with each week's theme, and they are not all story starters. Some deal with marketing and publicity, others with thinking out an entire book or series. I wanted us to be able to practice all areas of the author's world on that site.

Finally, since this is a site devoted to writing and editing, I will refrain from posting a half dozen sickeningly cute pictures of my baby. It's hard, but I shall persevere.

Oh, well, maybe just one.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Awwwww, your baby is adorable!! :) (And, for the record, I am perfectly okay with sickeningly cute photos.)

Glad we're going to be seeing some posts! I'll be reading. Glad you're back. :)

Cheryl said...

Your baby IS incredibly cute! Love those eyes. :)

I like the sound of your upcoming posts.

PJ Hoover said...

Welcome back, Buried Editor! Hope to see that baby maƱana.

The Storylady said...

Very cute baby! I'm glad you concentrated on mommying for a while, and I'm glad you're going to be back. Your plans sound great. I'm looking forward to them!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Very sweet. I'm partial to boys.

So good to have you back!

Anonymous said...

I hope you've enjoyed your time with your baby. He's such a cutie. I'm so glad you're back. Your planned posts look so interesting. I can't wait to read them.

Natalie

Beverly Patt said...

Looking at that little face makes it obvious why it's taken a while for you to come back:)