Saturday

I'm Back -- And Better (And Bigger) than Ever

A little while back someone asked if I was ever going to post again.

A fair question since I seemed to disappear into the ether. However, I have an excellent excuse:


A wretched first trimester. And yes, that is my actual belly as of last Thursday.

This is my first child and pregnancy has been a shock, to say the least.

However, I really am back (and firmly in the nausea-free second trimester). I have all sorts of things to talk about from the four books CBAY is putting out this year to the books other people are putting out. We're going to talk about writing, editing, publishing, books, conferences (yes, I've still got one lined up), and more. Check back tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jeanie W said...

Wow! Are you sure that's just one kid in there?

Glad you're back. Relieved. I was afraid your absence had something to do with the state of the economy (and its effect on the publishing industry). I can relate to the reason. I lost ten pounds to first-trimester sickness when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was hell, and I thought I'd never be able to eat again. But by the third trimester I craved just about everything.

beth said...

WOW! Congratulations!! And (like Jeanie W) I'm glad your absence was due to something joyous rather than anything else.

PJ Hoover said...

Welcome back, Madeline!

And laughing as I glanced at Beth's comment and read absence as abstinence and given the pregnant belly and all...well, anyway.

The Buried Editor said...

I know. It looks like way more than just a single baby. We like to refer to my secret twin.

But I've had 4 sonograms at this point, so I'm pretty sure they would have tracked down an extra baby in there.

And I am past the 20 week mark which makes me not seem quite so unusually big.

Christine M said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news!