Wednesday

Tip of the Week 7/16/08

I've probably said this before, and I know I'll say this again, but please, please, please remember:

Tip of the Week: Check a publishing house's or agent's website for the most up to date submission information.

At the very least, look at the latest edition of the CWIM or similiar publication for the information in them. Do not use an out of date copy of one of those books. It's bad enough to send stuff to publishers who are no longer accepting submissions, but it is even worse when the submissions are addressed to people that haven't worked at those houses for years. Do your research beforehand, and save yourself lots of time, trouble, and postage in the future.

1 comment:

Dharma Kelleher said...

That makes sense. When considering agents and publishers, I look at a variety of Web sites including writer's market online, agentquery.com, absolutewrite, publisher's marketplace (I'm a member), Amazon.com, a general Web search via Google, and ultimately the publisher's/agency's Web site (as the final authority).

Jeff Hermann's guide helps to fill out other details to give me a comprehensive perspective of the publisher or agency.