Monday

Another One Bites the Dust

Wow, a whole month has gone by since I've last had a chance to post. I can't believe it went by so quickly. April seems to be just cruising by too. I can't seem to catch up!!

But I have been busy and productive. I haven't been slacking off these past weeks. I'm crazy excited because the second CBAY book, The Emerald Tablet, by P J Hoover will be coming back from the printers at the end of this week. There was a minor crisis this morning when they discovered an extra dash in the ISBN. However, no one I know actually types any dashes when entering an ISBN, so I made the executive decision that all was well. This way, I still get them in time for TLA.

Speaking of which, TLA is now around the corner. If you're going to be in Dallas next week, get an exhibitor area pass and come see me at the Blooming Tree booth. We'll be giving away lots of CBAY readers and selling the BTP books dirt cheap. Also, a panel of our crafty writers will be speaking on multiculturalism. I hear it's going to be a good time had by all.

Finally, I'm in the works on a new exciting project that I can't talk about until I have the details finalized with my co-conspirator. But as part of that project, I will need to write a book proposal. Now I realize that book proposals are relatively rare in the children's fiction side of publishing that I normally focus on, but they are common in adult writing, especially the non-fiction market. So, should you ever find yourself in need of a book proposal, I have compiled a handy-dandy checklist of things you should include. Since I don't pretend to be an expert at all things book proposals, I used the handy book Bestselling Book Proposals by Rick Frishman and Robyn Freedman Spizman as a reference. The book was a simple, clear how-to guide. If you ever need to produce a book proposal, I highly recommend reading their book.

And once you have that proposal all ready, head on over to the bestest guy ever, Chuck's blog, and learn how to find yourself an agent to represent it.

Well, I have an editorial meeting that I must go prepare for. It's also the last night for one of my editors. They all grow up and leave the nest so soon . . .

1 comment:

PJ Hoover said...

Yay for The Emerald Tablet!
Can't wait to see it :)