Thursday

BEA and back again

So, I haven't gotten to put up that video I've promised everyone yet. I have been, no don't die of shock, writing. I have actually looked at my thesis, and I'm trying to write a one-page film treatment of Fergus. In the process, I've come up with the stories for Fergus 2 and 3 (out of what are supposed to be 7), so it's been a productive day or two. I've also found that I'm sleeping a lot to catch up from BEA and the weeks leading up to BEA, and I'm having a hard time keeping myself from devouring all the free books I got. So far I've read:
  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter - sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You and just as funny

  • Book of A Thousand Days by Shannon Hale - as beautifully written as always

  • Igraine the Brave by Cornelia Funke - fun and clever

  • Remembering Raquel by Vivian Vance Velde - sad and poignant and very well-written. The main character is dead and we learn about her from the mourners at her funeral.

I have liked them all so far. That doesn't mean I won't find something I don't like, but I'm glad that the freebies were so far good. There's nothing worse than a bad free book - except maybe a bad book you paid for.
After I get the Book of Nonsense's cover uploaded for Amazon, it's off to jotting down first drafts on the new Fergus books and hopefully a little video editing before bed.

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Wow - that's cool!

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Nonsense-Words-Power-Trilogy/dp/1933767006/ref=sr_1_9/105-4291996-8499649?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181273338&sr=8-9

Anonymous said...

theres nothing like FREEEEE BOOKS.

love.

Carla

Anonymous said...

video
vdieo

please :)

Carla

Kevin said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,紋身,刺青,創業,批發,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,肉毒桿菌,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,高雄婚紗,街舞,小產,雞精,紋身,刺青,性感,辣妹,雷射溶脂,雙下巴,抽脂,瘦小腹,微晶瓷,電波拉皮,淨膚雷射

2012天氣晴朗 said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,矯正牙齒,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,街舞,小產,雞精,性感,辣妹,雷射溶脂,雙下巴,抽脂,瘦小腹,微晶瓷,電波拉皮,淨膚雷射,清潔公司,居家清潔,牙周病,牙齒矯正,植牙,牙周病,矯正,植牙,微晶瓷,醫學美容,淨膚雷射,玻尿酸,肉毒桿菌,脈衝光