Tuesday

No Ghosts for Me

After much consultation with my calendar, I have decided that I'm going to have to scrap the ghost story anthology I was going to do. I just don't have the time. I've been assigned 3 other anthologies (2 optimistically for this year, 1 for next), and I just can't fit this one in as well. Since I don't have the power to get rid of any of the others, I had to cut the ghost stories. I'm disappointed since that was the one I was most interested in. Everyone should have gotten their stories back by now. If you haven't that's disturbing. It means that I still have it somewhere. Not good.

I would like to reiterate that this decision was not based on the quality of the submissions. Quite a number of them I think would do well in the magazine market. I recommend Cricket over Highlights since they allow longer word lengths.

Thanks again for everyone's interest. Hopefully when life has calmed down I'll be able to resurrect the project.

1 comment:

cdb said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. I didn't
know you were considering a ghost story anthology!
I just wrote my first ghost story and would have loved to sub it to you.
It's a good thing to know when to say, 'no'.
Life needs balance and sometimes there are so many wonderful things we want to do that we have to pick and choose.
Choices are sometimes hard.
I applaud you for making a hard choice.

Carole Brooks