Saturday

Meeting

I enjoy getting to meet face to face with my authors. It's nice to sit down, do contracts, look at potential cover ideas, and discuss the edits. I had a delightful meeting with Tricia today. She's writing a science-fiction trilogy with the first book Emerald Tablet coming out in Fall 2008 from CBAY. We whined (about life); I dined (on Reeses Peanut Butter Cups) and generally had a good old time. It's nice to see people react to what you say and not just read more words on the page. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to BEA. I'll get to meet so many folks in the flesh. I plan to drop by the library and introduce myself to Fuse #8, and I'll catch up with Greg who I've never met in person. I'll go see David's agent and anyone else who is around. (Just as an aside, look at the web presence of all of us. Pretty sweet.) And anyone else who's going to BEA that I don't know about let me know. I look forward to meeting you there.


On a completely unrelated topic, does anyone know who illustrates the Time Spies series put out by Mirrorstone Books? I like that style.

2 comments:

stacy said...

If the artist isn't in the credits on the copyright page, which is usually where we credit artists, it's the same artist who did the cover of Peter and the Starcatchers. I can't remember his name off the top of my head (I don't edit Time Spies), but I'm almost positive I've mentioned it on my LJ at one time or another. If you don't find it by Monday, when I can look it up at work, email me.

The Buried Editor said...

I don't have a copy of the book anywhere. I just saw it when I was on the site. I would never have guessed it was the same as Peter. My copy's packed, but I'll look it up at the store tomorrow.

Thanks!