Tuesday

Here Kitty, Kitty — Leggo My Bunny

I've read a bunch of stuff at the store and late at night, but I haven't had a chance to tell anyone about it in a while. I thought I'd start by posting my newest favorite picture books. Here Goes:
  • Mr. Pusskins
    This is my new favorite Valentine's book, although it isn't really a Valentine's book. Poor little Mr. Pusskins hates being smothered by his owner, so he runs away. Unfortunately, the great wide world isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Eventually Mr. Pusskins decides he wants to go home and does. He decides life with his owner isn't so bad. Now, this isn't the most original story line, and frankly it's not one I normally like, but this work does an excellent job. The pictures are adorable and the book's layout works as well. It's fun to read and look at. I give it 4 out of 5 wax seals of approval.

  • This Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown
    Funny and hilarious, this is one of the best picture books I've read in a long time. The lonely queen keeps trying to trade Emily Brown for her bunny, but Emily won't trade. When the queen steals the bunny, Emily marches up and shows the queen how to do something to create a best friend of her own. I loved the text and the pictures were fun. The book is all about imagination and loyalty and sharing. Fantastic. My favorite non-Easter related Easter book. I give it 5 out of 5 wax seals of approval.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Mr. Pusskins is a new fav of mine as well, the cover art is hysterical (can you say attitude?).