Well, this question doesn’t have that much to do with writing, but I thought it was fun so I’m going ahead and making it the first question of the week. Here it is:
If you could work with any author, who would you pick?
For starters, I wouldn’t want to work with just one author. Although there have been successful publishing houses based on the work of just one author, the best have a complete list. So here’s who I’d like on my imaginary perfect list in no particular order:
- Robin McKinley – she does beautiful work
- Dianna Wynne Jones – a fantasy icon
- Garth Nix
- Shannon Hale – amazing writing that sings
- Elise Broach – gifted mystery writer (I just read her amazing new YA) and she does picture books too
- Chris Van Allsburg – okay, so he’s more of an illustrator with almost wordless picture books, but the ones with words are just as amazing as the ones without
- Ludwig Bemelmans – yes he’s dead, but it still would have been neat
- Eoin Colfer
- Alan Silberburg – I say this not because he reads my blog, but because I would have acquired Pond Scum in a second. It has my twisted sense of humor.
- Vivian Van Velde
- Chris Wooding
I’m sure there are lots of others, but these are ones I can think of off the top of my head.