Friday

Question of the Week August 4

Question #1

Well, this question doesn’t have that much to do with writing, but I thought it was fun so I’m going ahead and making it the first question of the week. Here it is:

If you could work with any author, who would you pick?

For starters, I wouldn’t want to work with just one author. Although there have been successful publishing houses based on the work of just one author, the best have a complete list. So here’s who I’d like on my imaginary perfect list in no particular order:
  • Robin McKinley – she does beautiful work
  • Dianna Wynne Jones – a fantasy icon
  • Garth Nix
  • Shannon Hale – amazing writing that sings
  • Elise Broach – gifted mystery writer (I just read her amazing new YA) and she does picture books too
  • Chris Van Allsburg – okay, so he’s more of an illustrator with almost wordless picture books, but the ones with words are just as amazing as the ones without
  • Ludwig Bemelmans – yes he’s dead, but it still would have been neat
  • Eoin Colfer
  • Alan Silberburg – I say this not because he reads my blog, but because I would have acquired Pond Scum in a second. It has my twisted sense of humor.
  • Vivian Van Velde
  • Chris Wooding

I’m sure there are lots of others, but these are ones I can think of off the top of my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not J.K. Rowling?

The Buried Editor said...

Oh yeah, if I was offered the chance to work with Rowling, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Doesn't seem likely though.

I'd add Pullman to the list too for either his historicals or his fantasies.