Wednesday

In a World Obsessed with Looks . . .

Yesterday, I randomly decided to look at my blog on Internet Explorer. I have a Mac so normally I use Safari as my web viewer; however, I realize most people use Internet Explorer so I wanted to see what my blog looked like over there. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the two nice columns I’m used to seeing were missing over on IE. Instead, everything on the site was centered with my sidebar at the bottom. I then decided to look at other sites to see if they were also affected. Gotta Book looked like my blog, but Fuse #8 was it’s normal fabulous self. It was strange. I’m just hoping the oddness was caused by my IE being an older, outdated version.

5 comments:

fusenumber8 said...

If it's any comfort, I did the exact same thing this morning. I posted something at midnight on my Mac at home. When I came into work this morning and looked at it on my PC I discovered that my recent Hot Man posting had been too long and had thrown all my sidebar info to the bottom of the page. You are not alone.

The Buried Editor said...

Ahh . . . so that's what's the matter. I'm to wordy. I've always suspected as much.

Lynn said...

If it helps, I have IE 6 and Mozilla 1.5 and the blog looks fine on both of these browsers. After your next post check again, some days blogger is a bit wonky.

I've learned that using justify anywhere in a post on my blog causes the same thing to happen. It can be just bloody annoying.

Gregory K. said...

Wait a second. There are computers other than Macs???? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?

I decided that my limited HTML-related skills made it so that I'd never be overly concerned with the look of my blog. If I ever start doing fancy formatting, that'll change. Otherwise, as long as folks can find it, that's enough for moi.

Anonymous said...

I have IE 6.0 - Never had a problem viewing your site - two nice columns just as you described.