Wednesday

Happy Buried Editor's Birthday

Today is the National Holiday known as The Buried Editor's Birthday. It is a day of great rejoicing and general merriment. On this historic occassion, riots have been known to start when bookstores run out of the books she has edited. You should see the official BEB color (beige) prominently painted on buildings all over your town. You may have thought their color choice was based on a neutral, but no, they are actually honoring me. Since you have now been officially notified of its existence, you should immediately take the rest of the day off from work, find a good book (preferably one I edited -- I reccomend Lyranel's Song if you've got a while, Little Bunny Kung Fu if you don't) and read for the rest of the day. If your boss complains, simply inform him/her of The Buried Editor's Birthday National Holiday. He/she should understand.

I shall not be posting anymore today since I will be taking my own most excellent advice. And if you are wondering what to get that certain editor who has everything, I reccommend brilliant Newberry award quality manuscripts for her to acquire. But, if that isn't readily available, cheesy ecards work to. (Just don't give my computer a virus. My whole life would come crumbling to pieces and I would be standing there in the pouring rain howling up at the sky like in that movie I can't think of the name of and that would just be, well, sad.)

Oh, and if you are wondering, in Septina speak, I am now 3x7+7.

Have a Happy Buried Editor's Birthday!

TTFN.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Just clicked over from Big A little a to find it's your birthday. Many happy returns from a new reader, who will spend the official holiday (I suppose it is up here in Canada too!) reading through some old posts, as long as the coffee lasts and 'til the kids wake up...

Anonymous said...

We'll miss any more blogging for the day, but have a wonderful day off!

tem2 said...

Happy birthday! I hope we can spread the trend of marking birthdays with 7's and 3's.

T3h Phoenix said...

Happy birthday, B.E.! What're you going to do? Will you have your birthday lunch at Chili's? Then maybe you can go to Zilker Park, and later eat dinner with your fiancee, dad, and siblings. Yep. That sounds pretty good.

The Buried Editor said...

Thank you all! I had a wonderful birthday and a fabulous holiday. Now back to the slush!

Gaijin Mama said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Well, happy belated birthday from a soon-to-be published CBAY author!