Thursday

Do Teens Read Online Fiction?

One of our fellow bloggers, L. Lee Lowe, has decided to perform a little experiment to see if in fact they do. He's written a novel that he will be publishing online. According to him:

The novel will be serialized in weekly instalments for the next 38-40 weeks. Thereafter the entire novel will be available as a free PDF download.

I'm assuming he's got some kind of tracking or something to know if it's being read. In the spirit of word-of-mouth publicity, I'm letting all of you know about the little experiment. I'm curious to know about his results and what he learns. If you would like to see the experiment, click here. The next chapter should be debuting tomorrow.

I hope Lee will let us know how his experiment goes.

4 comments:

tem2 said...

I'm very interested in seeing how this works out. Might get some ideas for our experiment with Septina.

Lee said...

I'll certainly keep you up-to-date. Tomorrow evening Chapter Two goes live, as promised.

What experiment with Septina, Greg?
(I must say, she sounds quite cool.)

tem2 said...

Thanks, L. Lee. I have a plan for some online promotion. More details to come.

I'm enjoying Mortal Ghost, by the way.

Lee said...

I though I'd just update things a bit. There have been almost 10,000 podcast and 3500 PDF downloads to date, in addition to those who read online. However, I have no way of telling how many are teens. The people who comment or email me tend to be adult readers.