Wednesday

Oh Happy Day!

I've snuck off to do this while I eat lunch. Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem typing on this at work. As a matter of fact, I've done some of my postings while sitting in our weekly editorial meeting. That tip of the week about not using a small presses contract to try to get yourself an agent came from the head honcho herself. No, the fact is that I'm normally to busy even consider posting during normal business hours.

But today is a special day. Today, I read my slush pile down to only two pieces of slush one requested rewrite. Yes, that's right. Only three manuscripts left for me to peruse. Kaloo! Kalay! I won't be able to get to any of them today, but it's just so nice to see your pile get little. It doesn't happen often.

Of course, tonight is the weekly editorial meeting and I'll get a whole bunch more slush then.

But for half of this blessed day, I only had three!!!

No comments: